Elementary School Admissions Process (Grades 1-4)
STUDENT ADMISSION POLICY PROCEDURES (updated June 13, 2017)
HOW TO APPLY TO BLIS
To begin the application process please go to the Apply for Admissions link and complete the BLIS online application form on our website.
If you have already filled out the online application form please disregard the information above
Our Elementary School (Grade 1-2-3-4) application deadline is July 28, 2017.
Please refer to our website for further admissions and academic program information. http://www.blisankara.org
Once the BLIS application form has been received and all application fees have been paid, grade 1 students are invited to an interview, and grades 2, 3 and 4 students are invited to sit the admissions examination. Both interviews and examinations are scheduled to occur in May and August. The May date is for those all applicants and the August date is typically reserved for those applicants who have arrived in Ankara over the summer months from outside of the country or from other areas of Turkey. These interviews/examinations are used for establishing entrance to the school and for grade placement. The entrance procedures are designed to establish, to the best of our ability, those candidates who will be able to successfully access the curriculum that we offer and proceed through the academic program with success. It is the school’s suitability for the individual applicant, rather than the applicant’s suitability for the school, which is paramount importance throughout the decision making process. Applications are considered by the Admission Committee.
In the Elementary School, the BLIS curriculum is framed by the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Program and meets the Turkish Ministry of Education objectives. All International and Turkish students follow the BLIS curriculum framework, including those requirements of the Ministry of Education.
Should false information regarding nationality be provided, the application may be suspended or canceled.
The following information must be submitted no later than July 31, 2017.
- 350 TL application fee (non-refundable)
Evidence of the payment (bank transfer receipt of the application fee) should be delivered to Sevgi Bennett by e-mail or at the Admission Office (97 Building-Room 346) no later than July 31, 2017. Those who have not submitted the application fee by that date will not be eligible for the interview/entrance exam.
E-mail address: email@example.com
BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS:
Application fee: 350 TL or € 90 or $100 (To be deposited in the relevant account below)
- School Name: İ.D.V.Ankara Özel Bilkent Laboratuvar İ.Ö.O. ve Lisesi
- Bank name: Yapı Kredi Bankası Bilkent Şubesi
- Iban: TR770006701000000084389876 (TL)
- Iban: TR160006701000000084710104 (USD)
- Iban: TR530006701000000084758229 (EURO)
- Swift Code: YAPITRIS
EQUIVALENCY LETTER for Grades 2-3 & 4
For Internationals & Turkish nationals or dual nationals, with one a Turkish national and who have been living abroad and whose children have been educated there.
The “Equivalency Letter” is to be provided by the Ministry of Education.
This is required for all children attending Grades 2, 3, and 4, and whose parents are EITHER non-Turkish nationals, or Turkish nationals or dual nationals, with one a Turkish national, and who have been living abroad and whose children have been educated there.
The document states that the education standard received by a child who has been educated abroad is equivalent to that of the Turkish system.
The “Equivalency Letter” may be obtained from either the Turkish Ministry of Educational Consultancy within the relevant Turkish Embassy, or the Educational Attaché within the appropriate Turkish Consulate General. If you wish, you can obtain the “Equivalency Letter” at the Beşevler Ankara İl Milli Eğitim Müdürlüğü in Ankara.
If you intend to apply for the “Equivalency Letter” after your child has finished the current school year and before the new academic begins, you will need to submit a current or the most recent school report card.
However, if you intend to apply for the “Equivalency Letter” in the middle of the school year, then you will need to submit your child’s original last school report card (stamped and signed) and the
interim or middle year report cards of the current year’s as well.
The “Equivalency Letter” itself should be delivered to Sevgi Bennett at the Admission Office (97
Building-Room 346) no later than July 31, 2017
Adress of Beşevler Ankara İl Milli Eğitim Müdürlüğü: MEB Ankara İl Milli Eğitim Müdürlüğü Beşevler
Kampüsü I Blok Yenimahalle/Ankara.
If you will not be able to be here on July 31, please inform Sevgi Bennett regarding your arrival in Ankara to give the equivalency letter. If you wish you may send the documents by e-mail.
Families living abroad may contact admissions to arrange for the interview/exam to be taken in August upon their arrival.
The Elementary School interview/exam will take place on August 21, 2017.
Grade 1 interview times will be announced closer to the interview date.
PUBLICATION OF INTERVIEW/EXAM RESULTS
The school will inform parents of the interview/exam results and any further placement procedures by e-mail, approximately in 2 weeks’ time after the interviews/exams.
AGE RANGE GUIDELINE: 2017-2018
Birth Year/Grade Level
|Elementary School/ Pre-Kindergarten
|Elementary School/ Kindergarten
2006 Grade 6
2005 Grade 7
2004 Grade 8
2003 Grade 9
2002 Grade 10
2001 Grade 11
After your child has been accepted to Elementary School (Grade 1-2-3-4), you will need the following documents:
- 6 passport size photographs/vesikalık (taken within the last 6 months).
- For International Families: Copy of parents’ and student’s Passports
For Turkish Families: Copy of parents’ and student’s Turkish ID Cards (whether student holds an additional nationality)
- Residence Permit /Diplomatic Card (International Families): Copy of Child and Parents residence permit/diplomatic card. If your residence permit(s) and/or diplomatic card(s) are not available during the registration period, please bring with you the certification and/or receipt for your application for these.
- Original signed and stamped Report Cards from previous 2 school years
- For Middle & High School Students Only: Sealed transcript from previous school years. (For Grade 4 if it is applicable)
- Health Form: completed and signed by doctor (below) **Parents must fill out the section above on the health form and your child’s doctor must complete every question/blank space on the health form (both the right and left sections)
- Completed BLIS Registration Form (below)
- Copy of vaccination card.
- We are also kindly asking from our divorced parents to submit a copy of their custody document (velayet belgesi- guardianship certificate -not the detailed certificate of divorce) for our confidential student files.
- Student Registration Envelope (to be completed and signed during registration)
- Equivalency Letter (Original)
Mrs. Sevgi Bennett
Telephone: (90-312) 290 8249
Bilkent Laboratory and International School