Middle School Admissions Process (Grades 5-8)
BLIS STUDENT ADMISSION POLICY & PROCEDURES (updated June 13, 2017)
HOW TO APPLY TO BLIS
To begin the application process please go to the Apply for Admissions link and complete the BLIS online application form on our website.
Our Middle School application deadline is July 28, 2017.
If you have already filled out the online application form please ignore the information above.
Once the BLIS on-line application form has been completed and received, students applying to grades 5-8 are tested for entry on two formal entrance examination dates in May and August. International students who are not here for either of the two exam dates may take a distance test; we also offer open enrollment for these students. This policy may also apply to Turkish students living abroad depending on their circumstances. These examinations are used for establishing entrance to the school and for grade placement purposes. In addition to these entrance exams, all applicants are required to submit academic records of their two most recent school years and, where appropriate, previous school staff is consulted in order to establish as clear a picture as possible of the applicant. The entrance procedures are designed to establish, to the best of our ability, those candidates who will be able to successfully access the curriculum that we offer and proceed through the academic program with success. It is the school’s suitability for the individual applicant, rather than the applicant’s suitability for the school, which is paramount importance throughout the decision making process. Applications are considered by the Admission Committee and recommendations made.
Should false information regarding nationality be provided, the application may be suspended or canceled.
According to the Ministry of Education, all students holding Turkish nationality must follow the Turkish national curriculum.
This policy applies regardless of whether the student holds an additional nationality. In other words, students with dual nationality, one of which is Turkish, will not be considered international students, and must adhere to the Ministry of Education mandate to follow the Turkish-specific curriculum at BLIS.
The following information must be submitted with the application no later than July 31, 2017.
- One passport size photo
- Copy of school reports of previous two academic years. Transcript from previous school years. (For the students who will pass from grade 4 to grade 5 if transcript is applicable)
- For International Students Photocopy of student’s passport.
- For Turkish Students Photocopy of student’s Turkish ID Card (whether students holds an additional nationality)
- 350 TL application fee (non-refundable) Evidence of the payment (bank transfer receipt of the application fee) should be delivered to Sevgi Bennet by e-mail or you can bring it with the application documents to the Admission Office (97 Building-Room 346). The bank account is below.
- Copy of equivalency Letter (for Turkish nationals or dual nationals with one a Turkish national who have been living abroad and whose children have been educated there)
The “Equivalency Letter” is to be provided by the Ministry of Education.
This is required for all children attending Grades 5, 6, 7 and 8, and who are Turkish nationals or Dual nationals with one a Turkish national. This requirement is valid for the students who are living and going to school abroad.
The document states that the education standard received by a child who has been educated abroad is equivalent to that of the Turkish system.
The “Equivalency Letter” may be obtained from either the Turkish Ministry of Educational Consultancy within the relevant Turkish Embassy, or the Educational Attaché within the appropriate Turkish Consulate General. If you wish, you can obtain the “Equivalency Letter” at the Beşevler Ankara İl Milli Eğitim Müdürlüğü in Ankara.
If you intend to apply for the “Equivalency Letter” after your child has finished the current school year and before the new academic begins, you will need to submit a current or the most recent school report card.
However, if you intend to apply for the “Equivalency Letter” in the middle of the school year, then you will need to submit your child’s original last school report card (stamped and signed) and the interim or middle year report cards of the current year’s as well.
The “Equivalency Letter” itself should be delivered to Sevgi Bennett at the Admission Office (97 Building-Room 346) no later than July 31, 2017.
Adress of Beşevler Ankara İl Milli Eğitim Müdürlüğü: MEB Ankara İl Milli Eğitim Müdürlüğü Beşevler Kampüsü I Blok Yenimahalle/Ankara.
The parents are responsible for submitting the relevant documents to the admissions office (97 Building-Room 346) no later than July 31, 2017. Those who have not submitted the documents listed above before the deadline will not be eligible for the entrance exam.
If you will not be able to be here on July 31, please inform Sevgi Bennett regarding your arrival in Ankara to give the application documents. If you wish you may send the documents by e-mail.
BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS:
- Application fee: 350 TL or € 90 or $ 100 (To be deposited in the relevant account below)
- School Name: İ.D.V.Ankara Özel Bilkent Laboratuvar İ.Ö.O. ve Lisesi
- Bank name: Yapı Kredi Bankası Bilkent Şubesi
- Iban: TR770006701000000084389876 (TL)
- Iban: TR160006701000000084710104 (USD)
- Iban: TR530006701000000084758229 (EURO)
- Swift Code: YAPITRIS
MIDDLE SCHOOL ENTRANCE EXAM DETAILS
The Middle School entrance exam will take place on August 21, 2017.
PUBLICATION OF EXAM RESULTS
The school will inform parents of the test results and any further placement procedures by e-mail approximately in 2 weeks after the entrance exam. A date will be published by which you must confirm intent and the final registration procedures must be completed.
AGE RANGE GUIDELINE: 2017-2018
Birth Year/Grade Level
|Elementary School/ Pre-Kindergarten
|Elementary School/ Kindergarten
2006 Grade 6
2005 Grade 7
2004 Grade 8
2003 Grade 9
2002 Grade 10
2001 Grade 11
- 6 passport size photographs/vesikalık (taken within the last 6 months).
- For International Families: Copy of parents’ and student’s Passports
For Turkish Families: Copy of parents’ and student’s Turkish ID Cards (whether student holds an additional nationality)
- Residence Permit /Diplomatic Card (International Families): Copy of Child and Parents residence permit/diplomatic card. If your residence permit(s) and/or diplomatic card(s) are not available during the registration period, please bring with you the certification and/or receipt for your application for these.
- Original signed and stamped Report Cards from previous 2 school years
- For Middle & High School Students Only: Sealed transcript from previous school years. (For Grade 4 if it is applicable)
- Only for Grade 9 & 10 Turkish Students: Agreement Policy (for Turkish families only) (attached in the e-mail)
- Health Form: completed and signed by doctor (below) **Parents must fill out the section above on the health form and your child’s doctor must complete every question/blank space on the health form (both the right and left sections)
- Completed BLIS Registration Form (below)
- Copy of vaccination card.
- We are also kindly asking from our divorced parents to submit a copy of their custody document (velayet belgesi- guardianship certificate -not the detailed certificate of divorce) for our confidential student files.
- Student Registration Envelope (to be completed and signed during registration)
- Equivalency Letter (Original)
Mrs. Sevgi Bennett
Telephone: (90-312) 290 8249
Bilkent Laboratory and International School