Pre Kindergarten Admission Process
BLIS STUDENT ADMISSION POLICY & PROCEDURES (updated June 13, 2017)
HOW TO APPLY TO BLIS
To begin the application process please go to the Apply for Admissions link and complete the BLIS online application form on our web site.
If you have already filled out the online application form please disregard the information above.
Our Pre-Kindergarten application deadline is July 28, 2017.
Please refer to our web site for further admissions and academic program information http://www.blisankara.org
Once the BLIS on-line application form has been completed and received and all application fees have been paid, Pre-Kindergarten students are invited to an interview; interviews are scheduled to occur in April and August. The April date is for those all applicants and the August date is typically reserved for those applicants who have arrived in Ankara over the summer months from outside the country or from other areas of Turkey. These interviews are used for establishing grade placement purposes. Applications are considered by the Admissions Committee.
Should false information regarding nationality be provided, the application may be suspended or canceled.
- 350 TL application fee (non-refundable)
Evidence of the payment (bank transfer receipt of the application fee) should be delivered to Sevgi Bennett by e-mail or you can bring it to the Admissions Office (97 Building-Room 346) until July 31, 2017. Those who have not submitted the application fee by July 31, 2017 will not be eligible for the interview.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS:
Application fee: 350 TL or € 90 or $ 100 (To be deposited in the relevant account below)
- School Name: İ.D.V.Ankara Özel Bilkent Laboratuvar İ.Ö.O. ve Lisesi
- Bank name: Yapı Kredi Bankası Bilkent Şubesi
- Iban: TR770006701000000084389876 (TL)
- Iban: TR160006701000000084710104 (USD)
- Iban: TR530006701000000084758229 (EURO)
- Swift Code: YAPITRIS
We provide special school tour arrangements for the families living in a different city from Ankara or in a country other than Turkey by appointment only before August Interview.
Our next Pre-Kindergarten Interviews will take place August 21, 2017.
Students will participate in a group interview. Applicants are interviewed for approximately 60 minutes. The Pre-Kindergarten interviews are age appropriate.
Please prepare your children before the interview that they will be going into the classroom without you. This is important that your child can be observed working independently and responding to the teachers in the classroom. The activities will be enjoyable for your child during the interview.
Parents are asked to wait for their children in a room next to the interview. You will also be given a short survey to complete regarding your child’s development.
Pre-kindergarten applicants will be interviewed for:
- Confidence, independence, concentration, coordination, attention, age appropriate speech patterns, memory, fine and large motor skills.
PUBLICATION OF INTERVIEW RESULTS
The school will inform parents of the interview results and any further placement procedures by e-mail approximately in 2 weeks’ time after the interviews.
AGE RANGE GUIDELINE: 2017-2018
Birth Year/Grade Level
|Elementary School/ Pre-Kindergarten
|Elementary School/ Kindergarten
2006 Grade 6
2005 Grade 7
2004 Grade 8
2003 Grade 9
2002 Grade 10
2001 Grade 11
After your child has been accepted to Pre-Kindergarten or Kindergarten, you will need the following documents:
- 6 passport size photographs/vesikalık (taken within the last 6 months).
- For International Families: Copy of parents and student’s Passports
For Turkish Families: Only copy of student’s Turkish ID Card (whether student holds an additional nationality)
- Residence Permit /Diplomatic Card (International Families): Copy of Child and Parents residence permit/diplomatic card. If your residence permit(s) and/or diplomatic card(s) are not available during the registration period, please bring with you the certification and/or receipt for your application for these.
- Original signed and stamped Report Cards from previous school year (For Pre-Kindergarten if it is applicable)
- Health Form: completed and signed by doctor (below) **Parents must fill out the section above on the health form and your child’s doctor must complete every question/blank space on the health form (both the right and left sections)
- Completed BLIS Registration Form (below)
- Copy of vaccination card.
- We are also kindly asking from our divorced parents to submit a copy of their custody document (velayet belgesi- guardianship certificate -not the detailed certificate of divorce) for our confidential student files.
- Student Registration Envelope (to be completed and signed during registration)
Mrs. Sevgi Bennett
Telephone: (90-312) 290 8249
Bilkent Laboratory and International School